On the Ice, Inc. at Klick Lewis Arena
SIKUMI FIGURE SKATING CLUB
SEE-KU-MEE is the Inupiaq Eskimo translation for the term 'on the ice'
Our mission is to create programs and events to cultivate skill development through the great sport of figure skating in a positive and socially interactive environment.
2018-19 CLUB SEASON!
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER IN 2017-18 AND WISH TO CONTINUE FOR 2018-19 - REGISTER ONLINE ON OUR SITE AS RENEWING FULL MEMBER. WE WILL RENEW YOUR USFSA STATUS WITH OUR CLUB.
Season for club registration is available now. Though the official year starts July 1, our ice programs will start in September and run through May.
The rink will continue to offer the ice schedule as Open Freestyle and Sikumi FSC will have special activities and considerations throughout the season. The membership costs will be updated to reflect this program. The goal is to better tailor our skaters' needs while providing figure skating at their home rink in ways that are exciting to our club members!
About Sikumi Figure Skating Club (SFSC)
Sikumi Figure Skating Club (SFSC) exists to provide figure skating and the figure skating experience to its members.
Club membership is for skaters who are looking to grow basic skills to more advanced figure skating.
The club provides opportunities for group instruction, performance, competition, and social camaraderie.
Sikumi FSC is a program by On the Ice, Inc.
Parents and skaters are vital to the success of the club.
No mandatory volunteering, however, we utilize volunteers such that parents can be engaged with their skaters.
Sikumi FSC was established in 2016. We are evolving as a club and we will grow along with our skaters’ needs.
For the 2018-19 season, our club members will have access to special ice prices, represent our club at competitions, wear our official club jackets, be invited to participate in fun events such as Winter Fest and Spring Spectacular Skate Shows, social gatherings & special club skating events.
Ursula Wolfer & Doris Papenfuss
In light of the regulations for volunteers, here are the links for the appropriate background checks.
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check (free to volunteers): https://epatch.
Child Abuse Background Check (for volunteers, this is free ONCE in 5 years). https://www.compass.
NEW/TRANSFER MEMBER Full membership new to USFS or transfer member. Includes official Sikumi FSC club jacket.
NEW MEMBER/ IMMEDIATE FAMILY
Full new/transfer member who is an immediate family member of an active club member. Includes official Sikumi FSC club jacket.
RENEWING FULL MEMBER Full member from previous year
IMMEDIATE FAMILY RENEWAL MEMBER
Full renewing membership who is an immediate family member active member
Current USFS member representing another club as primary home club
Official Sikumi FSC Club Jacket Purchase your Official Sikumi FSC club jacket. Includes first name in gold embroidered on upper left chest and Official Sikumi Logo on back. Note: Club jacket is automatically included with New/Transfer membership.
Full club members
- USFS membership
- Club jacket issued to new members
- Delivery of Skating Magazine
- Access to members only skate prices
- Represent Sikumi FSC at competitions
- Participate in Sikumi Club events
- Access to members only skate prices
- Invited to participate in club skate shows
- Invited to participate in club events
Skaters up to Basic 2-5 LTS USA levels
Limited access to freestyle ice
Includes 1 LTS class per week
Skaters Basic Level 6 –Freeskate levels
Competitive well-balanced no-test FS & up
Skaters ages 18 & up all levels
On the Ice Academy
Club members are invited to participate in clinics & classes offered to a variety of skate levels during the skating season.
NEW! We are offering performance group packages this season.
Discount rates for club members!
Skate Shows & Events
Club members are invited to skate in our Winter Fest 12/22 and Spring ‘Skatetacular’ 6/2 shows as individuals or as a part of our performing group.
All members are encouraged to participate in our season scheduled social events & gatherings.
Club members skate on open freestyle ice offered at Klick Lewis Arena.
All skaters/parents are required to keep a signed copy of ICE RULES in the rink office.
Club members are required to sign in & out
with skate time on a members only sheet.
All skaters/parents are responsible for honest
payments for ice to maintain membership in good standing.
Open Freestyle Ice is $12 per hour
(charged in minimum of 30 min. increments)
Cool Cash Cards are available to all skaters
Members Only Sikumi Skate Cards
Good for Figure Skating only
- 10 FLEX CARD
Great for newer skaters.
This is a flexible card available for $10/ hour of freestyle ice, group classes & clinics.
These cards can be loaded in flexible increments of $10 through the rink office. You can manage your ice time at your own pace!
Online purchases available to reload card in $20, $50, or $100 amounts. This is a great option if family members wish to ‘gift’ ice for a skater! Make sure they put the skater’s name in the registration so we know who to credit.
- 40 HOUR CARD
This is a preferred rate card you can purchase online for $340 for 40 hours ($8.50/hour) of ice to use during the club season. This card is freestyle ice only & not eligible to pay for clinics or other events. Order online or at the rink office (no payment plan).
- EXPRESS SKATE
Great for 6+ hours/week skaters ---
Must Register name of skater(s) for use by immediate family & be approved by Executive Director.
A monthly unlimited skate pass for $170 per month. Required sign in/out on pre-printed sheet for active months. Not valid for clinics.
Note: non-member individual monthly unlimited rate is $185.
Team Sikumi at Spring Spectacular Show 2017 Sikumi Junior 1st performance!
photos courtesy of Portraits by Stephanie
Notes for new parents and skaters to figure skating club venue...
The purpose of this club is to create the environment where our figure skaters have a convenient opportunity to practice their skills, take lessons, participate in skill development clinics, perform at shows, compete, have fun social interaction with fellow club members.
Sikumi FSC offers this with unlimited skate time during our weekday afternoon club ice sessions. These sessions are where our Learn to Skate figure skaters become figure skaters with practice, skill sessions, and lessons to not only learn, but have fun!
Parents, now your skater can practice at an affordable annual one-time cost with abundant skate times. Whether your skater wants to practice a little one day or longer another, the club ice sessions allows for this flexibility. Each new full member receives a SIKUMI FSC jacket and United State Figure Skating annual membership along with a few other perks outlined in our SIKUMI FSC brochure.
If your skater decides to compete, the necessary representation is already there. Figure skating is a great form of fitness and artistry plus the SIKUMI FSC will allow the skaters to get to know each other and the coaches. This camaraderie makes for a fun time on the ice and off the ice with social activities or cheering each other on.
Our instructors have mini- clinics included to give structure to the newer skaters so they have direction and sociability for practicing skills. Periodic shows will be a great focal point for skater performance whether in a group or individually.
This is the figure skating pipeline we are thrilled to offer that develops the skaters in whatever direction they choose. As the club develops each year, we will grow with the needs of its members.
Please feel free to contact me (Kat) if you have any questions and concerns. Call 717-685-1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE REFER TO OUR SIKUMI FSC BROCHURE FOR DETAILS AND ENROLLMENT.Thank you,Kathleen Kelly
Pros must maintain an associate or full membership with SIKUMI FSC to teach or coach on club ice. Annual membership fee is $50 (includes USFS membership if you become a full member). All coaches participating during Sikumi club ice sessions will be expected to support SFSC membership and programs so that the members can best utilize club opportunities.
All pros are required to have current insurance and background check information on file at the rink office.
Basic Rules Governing All Behavior
- Please respect the rights of others
- Please respect the Klick Lewis Arena property and the property of others
Specific Rules Governing Free Skating Sessions
The maximum number of skater (depending on size and level) will be allowed on each session. This will be determined by the Executive Director.
Sign in/out at the front desk
- No breakable containers are allowed rink side. Drinks are allowed on or below the railing. Food is not permitted near the rail or on the ice
- Please pick up all belongings (including dirty tissues, water cups, bottles, etc.) at the end of the session
- Parents, skaters not in the session or other spectators should not loiter at the rail or benches. This is unsafe and it interferes with a constructive training session
- Coaching by parents from the bleachers, benches or railing is not allowed at anytime. Parents will be asked to leave the arena
- The benches by the ice are to be used by the skaters and coaches only
- If you are a less experienced skater, please be extra careful to stay aware of other skaters and to look ahead of where you are skating to see what others are doing or are about to do
- If you are an experienced skater, please be patient with the less experienced skaters. Remember – you were new to skating at one time, too
- Please be understanding if someone gets in your way. Remember to look both ways before leaving the rink wall or skating across the ice. Keep moving while on the ice, as it is dangerous for both you and the other skaters to stand still during a session. It is especially important not to stop in the middle of the ice or any of the jumping corners.
Right of Way
- The skater doing a routine to music has the right of way. Please stay aware of which skater is doing his or her routine and do your best to stay clear of his or her pattern.
- Skaters taking a lesson have the right of way over general skaters in the session.
- Skaters on the harness also have the right away. Please be careful of the harness area when in use. Harness may only be used with a coach in a lesson.
Below are questions for our Featured Skaters. Please pick up an Interview Sheet and Photo Release at the rink office to complete and turn in to Kat.
FEATURED SKATER INTERVIEW
Please fill in your answers to as many questions that apply to you.
You may add additional information that you would like to share with your posting. Please include a photo of you.
- Name_____________________ Date __________________
- Years of skating_______ Age when you started skating________
- How you got started in skating_____________________________________
- What you like best about skating____________________________________
- Recent Competitions or Exhibitions/Shows_____________________________
- Current school year & school or occupation____________________________
- Other hobbies or interests___________________________________________
- Favorite skate tricks or skating activities________________________________
- Advice you would share with someone starting to figure skate______________
- What do you look forward to in figure skating or goals_____________________
- Who is your favorite Skater of all time! Why? ____________________________
- Other information___________________________________________________
Skater Name:______________________ Date_______________
I acknowledge and release the photograph/video of my likeness to be used in any promotion in Sikumi FSC or Klick Lewis Arena print, Facebook post, club email,
or print for the purpose of advertising, promotion, or recognition thereof.
For this use, I will receive no financial consideration.
Signed________________________ Print Name_____________________
Parent/Guardian Signed (if Skater is a minor)___________________________
Address of Skater: