On the Ice, Inc. at Klick Lewis Arena
SIKUMI FIGURE SKATING CLUB
SEE-KU-MEE is the Inupiaq Eskimo translation for the term 'on the ice'
Our mission is to create programs and events to cultivate skill development through the great sport of figure skating in a positive and socially interactive environment.
About Sikumi Figure Skating Club (SFSC)
Sikumi Figure Skating Club (SFSC) exists to provide figure skating and the figure skating experience to its members. Club membership is for skaters who are looking to grow from basic skills to more advanced figure skating. The club provides opportunities for group instruction, performance, competition, and social camaraderie. Sikumi FSC is a program by On the Ice, Inc. Sikumi FSC was established in 2016. We are evolving as a club and we will grow along with our skaters’ needs.
Parents and skaters are vital to the success of the club.
No mandatory volunteering, however, we utilize volunteers such that parents can be engaged with their skaters. Our full/home club members have access to special ice prices, represent our club at competitions, wear our official club jackets, be invited to participate in fun events such as Winter Fest and Spring SKATEacular Skate Shows, social gatherings & special club skating events. Associate club members can participate in club functions and discount cards.
Coaches, KLA Staff and I look forward to providing a positive figure skating community and experience.
Ursula Wolfer & Doris Papenfuss
In light of the regulations for volunteers, here are the links for the appropriate background checks.
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check (free to volunteers): https://epatch.
MEMBERSHIPS Club membership follows the USFS club year of July 1-June 30. Any club memberships that occur in June will be toward the 2019-20 club year. Members of all USFS clubs are required to renew membership with their chosen club annually (July 1).
NEW/TRANSFER MEMBER Full membership new to USFS or transfer member. Includes official Sikumi FSC club jacket*.
$135 regular jacket/$150 with light fleeced lined jacket with thumbholes
NEW MEMBER/ IMMEDIATE FAMILY
Full new/transfer member who is an immediate family member of an active club member. Includes official Sikumi FSC club jacket*.
$100 regular jacket/ $115 with light fleeced lined jacket with thumbholes
RENEWING FULL MEMBER Full member from previous year (jacket not included)
IMMEDIATE FAMILY RENEWAL MEMBER
Full renewing membership who is an immediate family member active member (jacket not included)
Current USFS member representing another club as primary home club (no jacket)
Official Sikumi FSC Club Jacket Purchase your Official Sikumi FSC club jacket. Includes first name in gold embroidered on upper left chest and Official Sikumi Logo on back. Note: Club jacket is automatically included with New/Transfer membership. Chloe Noel Jackets sizs CXXS through AL
$85 regular jacket
$100 light fleece lined jacket with thumbholes
Full club members
- USFS membership
- Club jacket issued to new members
- Delivery of Skating Magazine
- Access to members only skate prices
- Represent Sikumi FSC at competitions
- Participate in Sikumi Club events
- Eligible for Sikumi member skate card purchase
- Access to members only skate prices
- Invited to participate in club skate shows
- Invited to participate in club events
- Eligible for Sikumi member skate card purchase
Skaters up to Basic 2-3 LTS USA levels. Limited access to freestyle ice –
- taking a private lessons
- learning proper/safe practice habits
- supervised in the stands or lobby by a parent/guardian
Basic 6 through Freeskate Levels, Elite Edges, Competitive well-balanced no-test Freeskate & up
skaters ages 18 & up - all levels
On the Ice Academy
Club members are invited to participate in clinics & classes offered to a variety of skate levels during the skating season. Discount rates for club members!
Skate Shows & Events
Club members are invited to skate in our Winter Fest 12/21, 2019 and Spring ‘Skatetacular’ June 2020 shows as individuals or as a part of our performing group.
All members are encouraged to participate in our season scheduled social events & gatherings.
Club members skate on open freestyle ice offered at Klick Lewis Arena.
All skaters/parents are required to keep a signed copy of ICE RULES in the rink office.
Club members are required to sign in & out with skate time on a members only sheet.
All skaters/parents are responsible for honest payments for ice to maintain membership in good standing.
Open Freestyle Ice is $12 regular price and $9 member price for current 2019-20 SFSC members per hour with a 1 hour minimum purchase. Additional time past the first hour can be purchased in 30 minute increments.
Weekday afternoon open freestyle only: the final 30 minutes on the day's session can be purchased for a 30 minute increment.
SFSC MEMBER SKATE CARDS
- Current cardholders need to exchange their cards for the new member cards that are waiting for them in the rink office. You will have a new account number.
- Purchase a card for the first time also online
- Load your account using online enrollment with a minimum of $100
- Use this account to access reduced rate freestyle ice pricing of $9/hr (reg is $12/hr)
- NEW! use your Sikumi member card to make purchases in the cafe!
- Use this account to pay for KLA clinics, camps, & memberships too (ProSkate and PBK are exempt)
- New Sikumi Card replaces former Sikumi cards, trade out at rink office
- Current cardholder accounts have been already transferred in our system
- Previous card rate purchases have been retained through credit adjustment on our end. This is calculated by the number of hours left in credited balance multiplied by 9 to translate to our new price.
- Freestyle club pricing is now $9/hour
- Monthly EXPRESS FREESTYLE is still available as usual ($180/month)
- Non-current previous club members who have purchased freestyle ice cards retain the hourly rate purchased for the duration of their balance. The balances have been adjusted to be charged at $12/hour. We calculate the number of hours in the credit balance and multiply by 12.
- Only current SFSC members can purchase member pricing. All current non-members can purchase KLA cash (formerly Cool Cash Card).
- Non-member KLA CASH cards (formerly Cool Cash Card) are available as usual. Purchase $120 and get a $12 skate session free (Public, Freestyle, Stick & Puck). KLA CASH can be used for all KLA events including Cafe purchases using available balance.
- Cardholders are responsible for maintaining balances and KLA is not responsible for lost or stolen cards and any purchases. Subject to $10 replacement fee.
Great for 6+ hours/week skaters ---
Must Register name of skater(s) for use by immediate family & be approved by Executive Director.
A monthly unlimited skate pass for $180 per month for active Sikumi Club members only (full or associate). Required sign in/out on for active months.
Team Sikumi at Spring Spectacular Show 2017 Sikumi Junior 1st performance!
photos courtesy of Portraits by Stephanie
Notes for new parents and skaters to figure skating club venue...
The purpose of this club is to create the environment where our figure skaters have a convenient opportunity to practice their skills, take lessons, participate in skill development clinics, perform at shows, compete, have fun social interaction with fellow club members.
Sikumi FSC offers this with unlimited skate time during our weekday afternoon club ice sessions. These sessions are where our Learn to Skate figure skaters become figure skaters with practice, skill sessions, and lessons to not only learn, but have fun!
Parents, now your skater can practice at an affordable annual one-time cost with abundant skate times. Whether your skater wants to practice a little one day or longer another, the club ice sessions allows for this flexibility. Each new full member receives a SIKUMI FSC jacket and United State Figure Skating annual membership along with a few other perks outlined in our SIKUMI FSC brochure.
If your skater decides to compete, the necessary representation is already there. Figure skating is a great form of fitness and artistry plus the SIKUMI FSC will allow the skaters to get to know each other and the coaches. This camaraderie makes for a fun time on the ice and off the ice with social activities or cheering each other on.
Our instructors have mini- clinics included to give structure to the newer skaters so they have direction and sociability for practicing skills. Periodic shows will be a great focal point for skater performance whether in a group or individually.
This is the figure skating pipeline we are thrilled to offer that develops the skaters in whatever direction they choose. As the club develops each year, we will grow with the needs of its members.
Please feel free to contact me (Kat) if you have any questions and concerns. Call 717-685-1401 or email email@example.com.
Thank you,Lily McElroy
All pros are required to have current insurance and background check information on file at the rink office. See more details on our PRIVATE INSTRUCTION page of this website.
ICE RULES for FREESTYLE/RINK PROGRAMS & CLUB ICE (updated 1/2019)
The following rules are in place for safety and figure skating protocol to best benefit skaters on the ice.
Basic Rules Governing All Behavior
- Please respect the rights of others
- Please respect the Klick Lewis Arena property and the property of others
All skaters need to actively be aware of other skaters on the ice to avoid collisions.
PRIVATE LESSONS/RIGHT OF WAY: