Open Freestyle sessions are reserved for figure skaters to practice jumps, spins, programs, and skills in practice or private lesson. These sessions are open to all figure skaters. Club ice is reserved for Sikumi Figure Skating Club members only.
Sign in and pay at the front desk upon arrival. $12 per hour. Minimum purchase of one hour, subsequent time can be purchased in half or whole hours.
All coaches are required to submit a proof of liability insurance to the rink office in order to conduct business with skaters.All skaters must store their gear in the assigned locker room. Do not leave gear in the rink lobby.Early Bird open freestyle sessions are scheduled through designated private coaches. All skaters are responsible to sign in on the Early Bird sheet (rinkside) and supply appropriate payment (cash, check, Cool Cash Card with last 4 digits). Coaches are also responsible for skater sign in and payment.Open Freestyle sessions are subject to schedule change, so please refer to TODAY AT KLA on our homepage for updated schedule.
ATTENTION FIGURE SKATERS. Contact ERIC, ProSkate manager, to arrange your skate sharpening appointment email@example.com
REGULAR OPEN FREESTYLE SCHEDULE
SEPTEMBER 2017 thru MAY 2018. Please check TODAY AT KLA on our homepage for schedule changes due to tournaments, holiday and other events.
HOLIDAY FIGURE SKATING CLINICS
(Basic 5 and up) groups split up in high and low freestyle
Skate Clinic $15 per skater (SFSC included with membership)
Tue 12/26 9:00am-10:30am
Wed 12/27 9:00am-10:30am
Thur 12/28 9:00am-10:30am
HOLIDAY OPEN FREESTYLE
(practice ice for competitive figure skaters and Sikumi FSC members)
Sign in & pay at Admissions upon arrival $12 per hour
(Sikumi FSC - included with membership)
Tue 12/26 10:45am-12:45pm
Wed 12/27 10:45am-12:45pm
Thur 12/28 10:45am-12:45pm
COOL CASH CARDS
- Cool Cash Cards can be obtained from the rink office.
- You can load and reload your card with any amount.
- Discount price--$120 purchase on your card gives you $132 on your card*!
- $120 RELOADS AVAILABLE BY ONLINE REGISTRATION
- That's one hour freestyle for free!
*(not redeemable for cash disbursement)
SAFESPORT at KLA
Sportsmanship is key when on our freestyle sessions. Unsafe or discourteous behavior of any kind will not be tolerated. Klick Lewis Arena follows Safesport guidelines (usfigureskating.org/safesport).
Ice Etiquette and Safety:
- While in lesson or practice, it is the skater's responsibility to always be conscientious and aware of other skaters around them.
- Skaters must skate with the flow of other skaters and familiarize themselves with the most commonly used areas for jumps and spins.
- The only time a skater has the SOLE right of way is when they are skating their program to music. When you hear another skater's music, please extend that person the courtesy and move out of their path momentarily. This only takes a moment and you will enjoy the same courtesy while you are performing your program.
- Advanced skaters are expected to exhibit patience toward beginner skaters. It takes time for our future generation to advance to the point where they are completely comfortable skating with all levels of skaters.
These rules are set up for the safety of our skaters and to promote the best use of our ice time. All Skaters are required to know and observe them.
Basic Rules Governing All Behavior
- Please respect the rights of others
- Please respect the Klick Lewis Arena property and the property of others
Specific Rules Governing Free Skating Sessions
The maximum number of skater (depending on size and level) will be allowed on each session. This will be determined by the Executive Director.
- Sign in at the front desk before stepping on to the ice
- No breakable containers are allowed rink side. Drinks are allowed on or below the railing. Food is not permitted near the rail or on the ice
- Please pick up all belongings (including dirty tissues, water cups, bottles, etc.) at the end of the session
- Parents, skaters not in the session or other spectators should not loiter at the rail or benches. This is unsafe and it interferes with a constructive training session
- Coaching by parents from the bleachers, benches or railing is not allowed at anytime. Parents will be asked to leave the arena
- The benches by the ice are to be used by the skaters and coaches only
- If you are a less experienced skater, please be extra careful to stay aware of other skaters and to look ahead of where you are skating to see what others are doing or are about to do
- If you are an experienced skater, please be patient with the less experienced skaters. Remember – you were new to skating at one time, too
- Please be understanding if someone gets in your way. Remember to look both ways before leaving the rink wall or skating across the ice. Keep moving while on the ice, as it is dangerous for both you and the other skaters to stand still during a session. It is especially important not to stop in the middle of the ice or any of the jumping corners.
Right of Way
- The skater doing a routine to music has the right of way. Please stay aware of which skater is doing his or her routine and do your best to stay clear of his or her pattern.
- Skaters taking a lesson have the right of way over general skaters in the session.
- Skaters on the harness also have the right away. Please be careful of the harness area when in use. Harness may only be used with a coach in a lesson.